All of our Pilates Teachers our trained in exercise therapy. Please inform them of any injuries you have at the beginning of the class.
- If your Teacher asks you to do an exercise and you are uncomfortable with it or feel pain, do not do it as there a million other Pilates exercises your Instructor can give which will be more suitable to your spine or injury.
- If you are recovering from an acute disc bulge you will avoid flexion exercises. This will include shell stretches, cat stretches, ab prep and several other Pilates exercises. This is where your Physiotherapist will give you modifications so you are not just sitting there missing out on your workout!
- If you have Osteoporosis or Osteopenia you will avoid flexion exercises. Your Teachers is trained in Bone Health and will modify your exercises.
- If you are unsure of any exercise or any of the Pilates terminology please ask your Teacher.
- Try complete your home exercise program at least twice per week.
- Inform your Teacher of positions you are not comfortable in and they will offer you some props.
- Ensure your neck is supported at all times. Please inform your Physio if you are feeling neck strain.